Twelve is looking for a full time Digital Designer to join our small creative team in London.
Twelve is a London-based design studio with an emphasis on social and research-based projects. Our design methodology focuses on analysis of the issues in cultures, society and technology. We develop visual and interactive solutions for complex problems across the fields of arts, commerce and the public realm. We work in visual identity, publications, spatial and digital experiences, often through collaborations with architects, artists, designers and institutions.
Our clients include the British Council, National Trust, Design Museum, Lisson Gallery, local councils in the UK, and arts and commercial clients in UK and China.
You will be responsible for leading the digital projects in the studio. You will work with designers, developers and clients to develop technical strategies, design visuals and prototypes, direct and help to realise the design with our developers. You will work full time in our London studio.
- Develop visual and technical strategies for websites and web apps with clients and our developers.
- Design websites, web apps, and create prototypes and proof-of-concepts.
- Collaborate with art directors and other designers and creatives in our team as part of bigger projects.
- Lead development efforts and project manage the development process with our developers.
- Conduct small improvements and polish the final products with front-end coding.
- Good skills in communicating and collaborating with clients, designers and developers
- Good spoken and written English
- Good skills in project management and presentations
- Good skills in conceptual and design development
- Good skills in Figma, Adobe XD or Sketch
- Good skills in prototyping tools
- Good skills in HTML5 and CSS3
- Good skills of typography and graphic design in general
- Understanding of UX/UI principals
- Understanding of backend technologies and CMS
- Great attention to detail
- Interests in visual arts, culture and new commerce
Nice to haves
- Experience in conducting UX/UI research
- Experience working with Git
- Experience working with front-end build tools
- Experience in working with REST APIs
- Experience with e-commerce
- Experience in working with accessibility principals
- Reading and writing in Chinese
Who are we looking for?
- You are organised, open and passionate about the work you do
- You enjoy problem solving, discovering new techniques and approaches and sharing these with the team
- You love learning new skills and technology and are always on the lookout for the best tools for the job
- You’re able to communicate design and technical issues well with non-technical team members or stakeholders
- You’re a team player and would contribute to a collaborative
Negotiable dependent on experience
How to apply
Please send CV and work examples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Digital Designer Position 2021’.